We are a Bible believing, grace filled church. We understand that we are saved by the atoning work of our Lord Jesus Christ alone. We observe the 7th day Sabbath and the 10 Commandments as a sign of our trust, love and obedience in God. We are a family oriented church but trust everyone has a place with us. We believe in being involved in local and international missions work as a part of our Christian character. Through God’s love we extend care and mercy in our community and wherever it is needed.
From written recollections of some of its earliest members, the church in Northeast Alabama began between 1925 and 1927 when Elder W.W. McMicken came to the Sand Mountain community of Central, near the town of Henagar, to hold a “brush arbor” revival. Several families in the area became interested in the Church of God (Seventh Day) message and decided to construct a church. The first church built was called the Mt. Pisgah Church. In 1959, the Mt. Pisgah church was sold and the proceeds were used to construct the current church at Hammondville, Alabama. The Hammondville church building began as a one room structure with a dirt floor, but was improved and expanded over the years to accommodate the growing congregation. Some of the current members of the congregation are descendants of the founding and earliest church members.